From 1 August 2018 full membership to the club is great value at only $65/year!
An annual subscription entitles you and a guest complimentary admission to the Wanganui racecourse, Members Lounge and Grandstand at any of our race days, newsletters, and reciprocal rights with other thoroughbred racing clubs. Discounted bar prices also apply on showing your memnbership badge!
- New memberships include a $10 gift voucher from our sponsor Jolt Coffee House!
- Complimentary admission to the Wanganui racecourse for all race meetings throughout the year
- Access to the Members' Room and Grandstand on all days
- Discounted bar prices apply in the Members Room
- Additional guest badge for the season
- Members' Newsletters
- Annual Report and invitation to attend the Annual General Meeting
- Reciprocal membership privileges with various other major NZ Racing Clubs including Auckland, Waikato, Hawkes Bay, Counties, Manawatu and Canterbury
- Wanganui Jockey Club Membership also entitles you to International reciprocal rights with: Australian Jockey Club (Sydney), Brisbane Amateur Turf Club, Gold Coast Turf Club, Queensland Turf Club, Sydney Turf Club, Melbourne Racing Club, Victoria Racing Club, Hong Kong Jockey Club, Singapore Turf Club (reciprocal privileges subject to Club's guest policy.)
Some other exciting options exist to join as a Member of the Wanganui Jockey Club. These include joining as a "Corporate Member" and paying $360 or you can join as an "Under 30 Member" and pay $30 per annum.
Under 30 Membership $30 per annum
- Full membership privileges apply for all race days in Wanganui and reciprocal rights for other racing clubs as listed above
- Does not provide voting rights at club elections or the Annual General Meeting
- Designed for business houses, companies and the like.
- Entitles membership of up to and including 8 individuals
- Full membership privileges apply for all race days in Wanganui and reciprocal rights for other racing clubs as listed below.
- Does not provide voting rights at club elections or the Annual General Meeting.
Download Membership form
- Complete your Membership application form, including signatures of two existing members as proposer and seconder (if you know someone).
- Return your application to the WJC.
- Applications are presented at monthly Committee Meetings (last Monday of each month) for approval.
- Acceptance is notified by mail.
Given pending changes to the Incorporated Societies Act and other legislative and regulatory changes (like Health and Safety reforms), NZTR has developed a template set of Club Rules (Constitution) for race clubs to adapt/adopt to ensure compliance with these legislative changes/requirements.
The Wanganui Jockey Club has diligently reviewed the rules and requirements and has finalised a set of Rules for the club going forward which were adopted at the 2017 AGM.
The new Rules of the Wanganui Jockey Club ratified on 28 August 2017 for the 2017 AGM:
Rules of the Wanganui Jockey Club Inc 2017